There are 2,981 homeless people in San Antonio each day.4
- Out of these, 1,243 were unsheltered5
- 31% of those are people in families.4
- The average age of a homeless child in San Antonio is 6 years.4
On a single night in 2012, 34,052 people were homeless. That’s 13 out of every 10,000.
- 6,115 of those were chronically homeless
- 4,511 of those were family households, for a total of 13,309 homeless people in families.1
- Texas contains approximately 5.4% of the nation’s homeless. Most states account for less than 1%.2
- In 2010, there were a total of approximately 131,198 homeless children.3
On a single night in 2012, approximately 633,782 people were homeless in America, or 20 out of every 10,000 people.
- 394,379 of those were individuals
- 239,403 were people in families. There were 77,157 homeless families in one night.
- Veterans are much more likely than non-veterans to be homeless. 29 out of every 10,000 veterans are homeless.
- 38 percent of these individuals are unsheltered, living on the streets or in other places not fit for human habitation.
- Approximately 162,246 are children.
Haven for Hope of
Bexar County -
1 Haven for Hope Way, San Antonio, Texas 78207 - (210) 220-2100
Powered by Haven for Hope IT