- Be homeless or be in immediate risk of homelessness
- Be a resident of Bexar County with proof of residency or willingness to obtain proof or residency within 30 days
- Have government issued photo ID or willingness to obtain government issued photo ID within 30 days
Please call 211 if you need alternative assistance.
- Monday: 8 am - 4 pm
- Tuesday: 8 am - 4 pm
- Wednesday: 8 am - 4 pm
- Thursday: 8 am - 3 pm
- Friday: 8 am - 4 pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
Hospitals seeking a medical recuperation bed must call CentroMed prior to discharging to Haven for Hope. All persons must
be able to perform activities of daily living without assistance.
We are not an appropriate placement for someone needing supervised physical/medical care. For questions or medical discharge arrangements, the designated CentroMed Provider line is 210-220-2336.
For RENTAL ASSISTANCE, please call SAMMinistries at 210-377-1616. This is a
voicemail recording system, please leave a message and your call will be
Due to confidentiality, we can neither confirm nor deny if someone is living at Haven for Hope.
Intakes to Haven for Hope's Transformational Campus and Prospects Courtyard Safe Sleeping Area are done on a walk-in basis.
To be eligible for our shelter and services you MUST:
If you are the guardian of a minor(s) in need of shelter, please go to Haven for Hope and speak to a Life Safety Officer for temporary emergency overflow placement:
1 Haven for Hope Way security building
We cannot shelter unaccompanied minors. If you are an unaccompanied minor, please call “The Bridge” at Roy Mass’ Youth Alternatives at 210-340-8077.
Requirements to become a Member:
To become a Guest on Prospect’s Courtyard:
- Complete Intake at Intake Department
- Must be a resident of Bexar County. Need proof of residency
of one year in Bexar County.
If you are not a Bexar County resident, click here for assistance.
- Must be 18 years or older or accompanied by a legal guardian
- Must have valid government issued ID
- Must be drug and alcohol free
- Cannot be a registered sex offender
- Must be considered homeless by HUD definition:
HUD Definition is an individual who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence
- Must commit to working with a case manager toward a goal of sustained, self sufficient living.
- Required to participate in 40 hours per week of productive activity geared at achieving self-sufficiency (education, job training, etc.)
(Entrance off of Martin Street)
Families at Haven for Hope:
- Must be 18+ years of age and can enter Courtyard 8 AM-10:00 PM when room is available
- Must be willing to go through security screening for drugs/alcohol/weapon
- Can stay on Courtyard indefinitely without a commitment to program
- Can be “under the influence” but cannot bring substances on Courtyard
- Must have proof of residency of one year in Bexar County
- For two parent families, verification of marriage or a common law certificate must be presented to live together in a family dorm
- Bexar County Residency Required
If you are an adult with no minors, Prospects Courtyard will provide temporary safe sleeping:
1300 W Martin Street, between Comal and Medina St
For all other inquiries, please call 210-220-2100
Prospects Courtyard (PCY) is a safe area with basic medical needs, communal showers, outdoor sleeping on mats, meals and other basic services.
The Transformational Campus provides a variety of services aimed at helping individuals experiencing homelessness gain sustainable permanent employment. Individuals who enroll in the transformational program will devise a mission, vision and plan for their life with the assistance and support of their case manager and other service providers. Intake into the Transformational Campus requires a government issued ID. If you do not have an ID, speak with an Intake Specialist to learn more about accessing the legal services on our Campus.
Haven for Hope of
Bexar County -
1 Haven for Hope Way, San Antonio, Texas 78207 - (210) 220-2100
Powered by Haven for Hope IT