Instead Of Asking, "What's Wrong with You?"
At Haven, We Ask, "What Happened To You?"
Haven for Hope’s Transformational Campus only serves residents of Bexar County who show at least nine (9) months proof of residency.
Discharging Homeless Patients to Haven for Hope
Hospitals/Residential Treatment Facilities/Nursing Facilities planning on discharging a homeless patient to Haven for Hope must fax a completed “Discharge Referral Checklist” form along with required medical records to 210-910-6868. Please allow 24 hour turn around for clearance.
Download the form here
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Haven for Hope’s intake process has changed. If you are need of shelter and services, please call the City’s Homeless Connections Hotline for available resources at 210-207-1799.
Where do I start?
The Intake Building is located at 1 Haven for Hope Way
New arrivals to Haven for Hope’s Transformational Campus and the Courtyard are done on a walk-in basis.
To be eligible for our shelter and services you MUST:
- Be homeless (Lacking a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence) , and have proof of homelessness (eviction notice, statement from family member/friend, motel/hotel receipts)
- Be a resident of Bexar County with proof of residency for at least 9 months (Transformational Campus).
- Proof of residency is a document that proves your status as a Bexar County resident; for example, tax documents, dated store receipts, library cards, pay stubs, hospital records, etc.
- Have government issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license, passport, military ID, Bexar County Mug Shot, or any state or federally issued photo ID) or be willing to obtain government issued photo ID within 30 days
Please call 211 if you need alternative assistance such as assistance with bills, community resources, availability of surrounding shelters, etc.
Where do I go after hours?
If you are an adult with no minors, the Courtyard will provide a temporary, safe sleeping arrangement at 1300 W Martin Street, between Comal and Medina St.
If you are the guardian of a minor or minors in need of shelter, please go to Haven for Hope and speak to a Security Officer at the security building (1 Haven for Hope Way) for temporary emergency services placement. Guardians will need to have a federal or state issued ID, and birth certificates or proof of relationship to each minor child.
Unfortunately, we cannot shelter unaccompanied minors. If you are an unaccompanied minor, please call United Way of Bexar County by dialing 211 for a listing of available shelters and resources.
Requirements for entering Transformational Campus Program
First, you must complete the intake process at the Intake Department. Intake is first come, first served. Families and singles wait separately; the family waiting room contains toys and play areas for children.
- Be a resident of Bexar County
- Have proof of residency of at least nine (9) months in Bexar County
- Be 18 years or older or accompanied by a legal guardian
- Be able to care for self independently
- Have valid government issued ID
- Be drug and alcohol free, upon campus bed availability a Urine Analysis (UA) will be completed to screen for drugs and alcohol
- Cannot be a registered sex offender
- Be considered homeless by HUD definition (HUD Definition of homelessness: an individual who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence)
- Have proof of homelessness (eviction notice, statement from family members or friends, hotel/motel receipts)
- Be willing and commit to working with a Haven to Home Team, with a goal of housing and sustainability
Space on the Transformational Campus is limited and there is not guarantee we will have a bed available
immediately. Courtyard clients wishing to transition to the Transformational Campus are encouraged to
report to Intake during business hours on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s.
Haven for Hope Intake Location
Client safety is our priority
To ensure the safety of all clients who come to Haven for Hope, we have changed our intake processes. If you are need of shelter and other services, please call the City’s Homeless Connections Hotline for available resources 210-207-1799. Please note that our intake office is not serving walk up clients at this time.
Haven for Hope is committed to serving individuals living in San Antonio/Bexar County who are experiencing homelessness, including those with disabilities. Our campus is handicap accessible and our goal is to provide a welcoming environment where all clients, including those with disabilities, can reasonably access all of the services provided on our Transformational Campus and in the Courtyard, as well as use our website. If you have any questions about the accommodations available for disabled clients, please contact the Intake Department in person or by calling 210-220-2357.